“There is no need to respond to such irresponsible comments and demands. Fortunately, Congress has also realised its mistake and distanced itself from the comments of its leaders… AAP has also made it very clear,” he said.
Stating that further discussions regarding the merit of the operations will be an “insult” to the force, Naidu said, “I don’t think any Indian citizen has got any doubt. Nobody is doubting the credentials and commitment of the Indian Army. It did a commendable job… It would be an insult to the Army if we further discuss (it).”
The Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) had announced of the army’s surgical strikes on September 29 in a press meet, giving sparse details of the mission. He however stated that seven militant launchpads had been damaged in the attack.
He later also shared the information at an all-party meeting.
Observing that the country had reacted positively to the news, and so had many global nations, Naidu said giving further details may not necessarily be in the best interest of the nation.
“Only Pakistan is saying something because they have to say something. They are not in a position to conduct funeral or last rites of their own citizens…This is their culture,” he said.
Reiterating the Modi-led NDA’s government’s stand, the minister said India did not want war with anybody, but would respond if continuously provoked.
“…We never want a war with anybody. If somebody continuously provokes us, we will give them a befitting reply like our jawans gave the reply recently,” he said.
Naidu was referring to the constant ceasefire violations that have been occurring along the Line of Control, especially since the surgical attack was announced.
The border, however, has been tense since last month when a group of militants, who India blames Pakistan of sponsoring, attacked an army camp in Kashmir’s Uri sector, killing 19 soldiers. The army’s surgical strike has largely been regarded as a response to the militant attack.