Chocolate is used in a host of beauty treatments today — face packs, to moisturising creams, cleansers and body butters. Spas also have complete treatment rituals dedicated to it. Here are ways in which the cocoa bean can give you that glow…
- Chocolate has caffeine, an ingredient that boosts circulation which in turn firms up the skin.
- It makes for aromatic mood-lifting wrap, when infused with ingredients like chocolate oil, dark cocoa, almond oil and vitamin extracts. The chemicals in cocoa such as serotonin and dopamine that are released, elevate the mood.
- Looking for an effective moisturiser? Try one with cocoa butter.
- The cocoa bean covering has anti-oxidant and anti-ageing properties, so use it in your facial.
- For a luxurious bath, mix two cups of melted chocolate with a two teaspoons of honey and half a cup of liquid soap. Pour this into your bath under running warm water. Soak and enjoy.
- Try a hot chocolate oil massage to rejuvenate the skin. The natural oils in cocoa give it a deep moisturising effect.
- DIY FACIAL MASK
To make your chocolate mask take 30 grams of melted dark chocolate. Once it cools, add some olive oil to it and mix. Apply and leave on. Steam after 7-10 minutes. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
80 total views, 1 views today