Teen injured after homemade device explodes in his hand

hospital 24india news

A teen is in hospital with serious injuries to both arms after a homemade explosive device went off in his hands Monday afternoon. Emergency crews were called just before 1 p.m. to Midridge Close S.E.

“When first arriving paramedic crews were on scene they immediately requested a second ambulance for additional help,” Stuart Brideaux, Calgary EMS spokesman, said. “(They) took the patient to Foothills Hospital in stable condition overall, but unfortunately limb-threatening condition for both of his hands.”

“The injuries to each arm below the wrist are very significant,” Brideaux added.

WATCH: Stuart Brideaux from Calgary EMS explains injuries to a teenager from a home made explosive.

e said there were no other injuries reported at the scene.

Initially police referred to the device as a homemade firecracker, but are now calling it a homemade explosive device.

81 total views, 1 views today