Capsicums stuffed with carrots and cabbage and fried. A delightful dish!
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 3 – 4 capsicums (bell peppers)
- 1 cup of carrots, finely chopped
- 1 cup of cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 Tbsp carrots – For Garnishing
- 3 Tbsp cabbage – For Garnishing
- Slice off the top of the capsicums. Scoop out the inside keeping the capsicums hollow.
- Heat one teaspoon of oil in a pan; add the mustard seeds, allowing them to splutter.
- Add the cabbage and carrots and mix well.
- Sprinkle the turmeric powder, salt, coriander and red chili powder and mix again.
- Cover and let this mixture cook in its steam for five minutes.
- Now stuff the capsicums with the mixture
- Then fry the stuffed capsicums in one tablespoon of oil.
- Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes till the capsicums become tender.
- Garnish the stuffed capsicums with carrots and cabbage. Serve hot.