This Navratra, show off your culinary skills by frying up these easy to make, fast friendly Falhari Pakore. These crispy treats are coated with a flavourful batter made of buckwheat flour, cumin and anardana.
- 3 to 4 medium potatoes
- 5 Tbsp buckwheat flour
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 tsp anardana
1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 3/4 to 1 cup water, as required
- Oil for frying
- Rock salt, as required
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes. Mix in the buckwheat flour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the potatoes and mix well.
- Add little water in intervals and keep on mixing till you get a thick batter. It should be thicker than idli batter.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- With the help of a tablespoon, shape the batter with your hands and drop the shaped batter in hot oil.
- Fry till the pakoras are golden and crisp. Drain the excessive oil with the help of a napkin.
- Serve them hot with freshly made mint yoghurt dip.