Burger Buns – 2 to 4, halved, toasted
Onion – 1, sliced into rings
Tomato – 1, sliced into rounds
Lettuce Leaves (or Fresh Cabbage Leaves) – few
Cheese Slices – 3 to 4 (or use Crumbled Cheddar Cheese)
Butter (or Mayonnaise or any cheese spread) – as required
Cucumber – 1/2, peeled, sliced into rounds
For the patty
Potatoes – 2, large, boiled, peeled, mashed
Onions – 2, chopped
Carrot – 2, chopped
Green Peas – 1/2 cup, shelled (thawed if frozen)
Sweet Corn Kernels – 1/2 cup
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil – 2 tsp
Breadcrumbs (or crumbled bread slices) – 2 to 3 tblsp (optional)
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
1. To make the burger patty, pressure cook the carrot, peas and sweet corn for 1 whistle or until soft.
2. Add the cooked vegetables, onions, red chilli powder, lemon juice, garam masala powder, salt and ginger garlic paste to a large bowl.
3. Add lemon juice and mashed potatoes.
4. Mix well until evenly combined.
5. Shape the mixture into small/medium patties.
6. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
7. Roll the prepared patties in the breadcrumbs and shallow fry until golden brown on both sides.
8. Remove and keep aside.
9. Take one half of the burger bun.