- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup refined flour
- 2 cups water-to knead
- Dry flour to help with rolling
- Mix the wheat flour and refined flour together, and knead into a soft, sticky, dough.
- Cover and keep aside for 2-3 hours.
- Shape the dough into small walnut-sized rounds.
- Place a shallow griddle upside down over the stove, and heat it.
- While waiting for the griddle to get hot, roll out the roti.
- This takes a lot of practice as the roti should be almost translucent. The dough will have to be dusted with dry flour often, as it is sticky and soft.
- When it is rolled out, keeping the heat on high, place the roti over the griddle and leave for 10-12 seconds, or until small bubbles start appearing over the surface, and the underside is a light brown.
- Turn over at once and cook till the other side is a speckled brown too.
- Remove from the griddle. Fold it into quarters and serve
105 total views, 3 views today