Toasted sandwiches with cottage cheese. Perfect for a light evening snack.
- 1 cup crumbly cottage cheese
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 4 slices fresh, soft sandwich bread
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pan on a medium flame and add butter to it. Allow to melt and then add cumin seeds. When they stop spluttering, add green chillies and onion. Fry till golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt to taste. Stir well. Cook for two minutes stirring frequently.
- Add paneer and mix well. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes and then turn off fire. Allow to cool a little.
- Lay the slices of bread on a clean cutting board. Now put prepared paneer mixture on 2 of the slices. Spread to cover entire slice. Top with the remaining slices.
- Grill or toast the sandwich till crispy and golden. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or a chutney
122 total views, 1 views today