Delicious orange zest with a hint of lemon in every bite.
- 50 gm butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 cup of milk
- Mix the butter and sugar in a bowl with a spoon.
- Then beat the mixture till it becomes fluffy.
- Break the eggs, separate the yolks and the whites.
- Mix the yolks into the mixture with a wooden spoon till it becomes light.
- Add the flour, baking powder, orange juice, lemon juice, orange zest and the milk.
- Mix it all together into a smooth batter.
- Now beat the egg whites till they are stiff and fold them to the batter with a metal spoon.
- Stand this bowl in a pan of water and bake in a pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes at 160 degrees Celsius.
- (A water bath is a larger pan containing water in which to place the smaller cake baking pan. This is done to keep the oven moisture high)
- Garnish with orange slices and cream, serve.
- Read more: Recipe: Gulab Jamun Very Testy