Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
125g pista, chopped
125g cashewnuts, powdered
200g sugar, powdered
1tbsp milk powder a few strands of saffron
4-5 green cardamoms
few drops of green color
few drops of yellow color
– Roast the mawa in a heavy bottomed pan for about five minutes and cool.
– Add cashewnut powder, sugar and milk powder and knead to a smooth mixture.
– Divide the mixture into 2 parts. To one part add saffron and yellow color and to the other part add the pistachios, cardamom and green color.
– Take a little pistachio mixture and roll out into a cylinder.
– Flatten out a little of the saffron mixture and cover the pistachio to resemble a cylinder.
– Shape all the cylinders in the same manner.
– Keep aside the rolls to dry for half an hour.
– Decorate with silver warq and serve.