Navratri food is always about being healthy and experimental. So this season, forget the famous kuttu ka halwa and try bottle gourd (Lauki ka Halwa). The aromatic flavor of desi ghee and cardamom powder will make you forget the calorie count and you will crave for more of this easy dessert recipe that is totally Indian in taste.
Lauki (bottle gourd) 300 gms
Milk 500 ml
Sugar 20 gms
Khoya 5 gms
Kishmish 2 gms
Cashewnuts 2 gms
Saffron 5 strands
Desi ghee 5 gms
Cardamom powder 1 gm
1. Remove the outer skin of bottle gourd (lauki) and grate it.
2. Squeeze to remove excess water.
3. Heat 3 grams of desi ghee in a handi.
4. Add the grated lauki and saute for few minutes till it starts to get translucent.
5. Now add milk and stir, till the milk boils and starts reducing.
6. Keep stirring as the lauki has to be mashed in the milk and the milk gets completely reduced, this might take 20-30 minutes.
7. Now add sugar and stir till the sugar dissolves completely.
12. Serve hot.
77 total views, 1 views today