Potatoes tossed in butter with green chilli, ginger, yogurt and curry leaves.
- 500 gm potatoes-boiled, peeled
- 1/2 cup yoghurt – beaten smooth
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 black pepper powder
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2-3 green chillies
- 2 tsp ginger-chopped
- 2 Tbsp clarified butter
- 7-8 curry leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon – broken into pieces
- 1/2 tsp green cardamom seeds
- Grind together the green chillies and ginger paste.
- Combine sugar, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom seeds and powder together.
- Mix together the potatoes, yoghurt, turmeric, coriander, black pepper, green chilli-ginger paste and salt.
- Heat the clarified butter in a heavy-based pan, add the curry leaves and cumin.
- When the seeds begin to splutter, add the potato mixture and saute till the oil separates.
- Remove from flame, sprinkle the powdered (sugar and spices) mix and serve immediately.