None of his kidnappers have been killed: Shahbaz Taseer

shahbaz 24india news

Shahbaz Taseer has denied reports in the media that three of the six terrorists killed in an encounter in Sheikhupura were involved in his kidnapping.

Shahbaz took to twitter on Monday and was critical of the media, stating his life had been put in danger to break a story which was not true. “None of my kidnappers have been killed.”

Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) sources revealed that three among the six suspected terrorists killed in an encounter in Sheikhupura on Saturday were involved in the abduction of Shahbaz Taseer.

According to CTD sources, the identified terror suspect, Haji Mohammad, Sajid, and Riaz Hussain, were involved in the kidnapping of Shahbaz Taseer, son of slain Punjab governor Salman Taseer.

Authorities meanwhile are working on identifying the rest of the terrorists killed in the encounter, the sources said. Their bodies have been kept at the DHQ Hospital mortuary amid strict security.

Police on Saturday signaled nine alleged terrorists to stop at Faisalabad Road but they opened fire at them. Retaliatory fire killed six terrorists while three managed to flee, police said.

Shahbaz Taseer had been kidnapped from Lahore on Aug 26, 2011 near his company’s head office, a few months after the assassination of his father Salman Taseer at the hands of his bodyguard Mumtaz Qadri. Shahbaz was recovered from Balochistan earlier this year.

CTD personnel had placed a security check at Faisalabad Bypass Road after being tipped of the terrorists’ presence. The law enforcers had signaled to a car and two motorcycles to pull over, but they had opened fire. The retaliatory fire by CTD personnel killed six terrorists belonging to a banned organisation.

42 total views, 6 views today