Prabhakaran alleged that he murdered Batcha along with the then state police intelligence chief Jaffer Sait and Raja’s close relative Paramesh Kumar in March 201.A day before counting began in Tamil Nadu, the DMK party suffered an early setback after a 24-year-old man, K Prabhakaran from Ariyalur, claimed that he murdered Sadiq Batcha, who was a close aide of former telecom minister A Raja and managing director of a real estate firm, in 2011.
Prabhakaran alleged that he murdered Batcha along with two others in March 2011, at the height of the 2G scam controversy. Batcha was found hanging at his Chennai house.
Hailing from Ayyur village in Ariyalur district, Prabhakaran said the three of them killed Sadiq Batcha at the office of Green House Promoters in T Nagar in the late hours on March 16, 2011. “One helped strangulate Batcha with a towel while other pressed his knee on Sadiq’s neck and I held his legs.
“Later they hanged his body in the house of Batcha to make it look like a suicide,” Prabhakaran told the media, describing a sequence of events that led to Batcha’s murder after he allegedly spoke to CBI officials and shared some vital information against Raja in the 2G scam. The alleged suicide of Batcha is being currently being probed by the CBI. Explaining why he is revealing this information a day after Tamil Nadu exit polls, Prabhakaran said he helped in the murder in exchange for a huge sum of money. Prabhakaran, in his press meet, had also claimed that he told MDMK chief Vaiko about his revelation earlier and that Vaiko promised that he would take it up after the elections. In fact, during his poll campaigns, Vaiko had raised the issue against DMK alleging that DMK treasurer M K Stalin too played a role in the case. Stalin immediately sent a legal notice to Vaiko seeking an unconditional apology. Prabhakaran said he was forced to reveal his role and name two others in Batcha’s murder after his attempts to get the money from Paramesh failed. If his revelation is to be believed, possibly the opinion polls and exit poll results favouring a DMK victory in the assembly polls seems to have forced Prabhakaran to come out in public as he fears for his safety. Prabhakaran who arrived at the Trichy press club on Tuesday evening had a long interaction with media personnel answering their questions. Although police and intelligence officers in plain clothes had arrived at the spot, he was not taken in custody. Claiming that he is not using a cellphone for last one year, Prabhakaran left the venue alone after 9.30 pm. Trichy police commissioner Sanjay Mathur said the police is collecting information about Prabhakaran’s claims. “There is no proof. We did not arrest him because the suicide case of Batcha is being probed by CBI. We have no idea about the whereabouts of Prabhakaran after the press meet last evening,” he said. Meantime, Vaiko on Wednesday morning confirmed that Prabhakaran had met him in April. He demanded CBI to reinvestigate the alleged suicide of Batcha.