Man accused of manslaughter in 2010 death of small baby

police 24india news

A 29-year-old Ottawa man is facing a charge of manslaughter in connection with the 2010 death of a 15-month-old boy in Gatineau, police announced on Thursday. Tyler Hunt was arrested Wednesday and is expected to appear in court Thursday afternoon, Gatineau police said in a media release.

On June 15, 2010, emergency responders received a 911 call stating that a toddler had been found dead in a home in Gatineau.

Paramedics first took the boy to the Hull hospital in Gatineau and then to the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario for more specialized care.

He died in the early evening hours of June 16, 2010, about 24 hours after the initial call, police said.

The toddler showed no signs of physical abuse, police said, and an autopsy and forensic examination failed to establish an exact cause of death.

Four years later, in 2014, investigators asked for a review of the case and specialists made a unanimous determination that the boy died of a head injury, police said.

176 total views, 2 views today