A Clarksville man is accused of making threats against Donald Trump. The Floyd County prosecutor said Richard Deville Jr. posted a threatening video on YouTube. Prosecutor Keith Henderson said someone hundreds of miles away first saw the 3½ minute video on YouTube.
That person contacted authorities in Atlanta. From there, federal agents in Louisville became involved.
In the last 48 hours, the Secret Service began its investigation.
Deville was arrested Thursday afternoon in New Albany and is charged with intimidation and unlawful possession of a firearm by a serious violent felon.
Officials said Thursday that Deville, 26, of Clarksville, was alone when he shot the video threat of violence against Trump and his family. In the video, Deville is seen holding two guns and has his eyes covered.
He tells Trump that he’s going to “take his life,” and says he believes that Trump will “put blacks back to slaves.”
Deville also talks about how he disagrees with Trump’s policies on immigration and minorities.
“It was very strongly worded, and I think the message needs to be sent that’s not allowed and we’re going to hold someone criminally liable for that. Our country stands for freedom of speech but it absolutely cannot tolerate someone’s life being threatened because they run for office,” Floyd County Prosecutor Keith Henderson said.
Police said the guns, which were loaded, did not belong to Deville.
Deville said he shot the video because he thought it would make him look cool, according to a probable cause affidavit. Henderson said that so far, this is the only video linked to Deville that investigators have uncovered.
Deville is expected in court Friday morning. The prosecutor has also filed a petition to revoke his probation.
110 total views, 1 views today