1. Tea Tree OilTea tree oil is known for its anti fungal properties.which is not only highly effective as one of the home remedies for dandruff but is also used in various products to kill bacteria and viruses. Tea tree oil for dandruff has to be used on a regular basis to see desired results. How To Use
- Take few drops of teat tree oil and olive oil and combine them together.
- Massage it gently on your scalp with your fingertips.
- Use a shower cap to cover your head for about an hour.
- Rinse it with your regular shampoo and apply conditioner.
- 2. Neem The advantages of neem are innumerable and it is an efficient ingredient that can cure anything from eye disorders, stomach upset, fever, diabetes to dandruff remedies. The anti-bacterial properties of neem help to maintain scalp health and keep it free of dandruff and lice. How To Use Boil neem in two cups of water. Strain and use this as a rinse three times a week. You can also use neem oil on your scalp before washing your hair. neem Source:lifepositive.com 3. White Vinegar Vinegar is excellent ingredient for dandruff home remedies. It helps maintain the pH balance of the scalp, keeping it flake-free. It is also used in a number of kitchen remedies, house cleaning methods, cleaning clothes, etc How To Use To use, mix a cup of white vinegar with a cup of water. Pour it all over your scalp. Massage it for a minute and thoroughly wash it off with water. Do this regularly and you will see that your scalp clears and feels clean. white vinegar source: effectiveremedies.com 4. Baking Soda If you are looking for a single ingredient that can work in multiple ways for you, then baking soda is your best bet. From freshening your breath to providing relief from skin irritation to pampering your feet to successful dandruff treatment at home; this ingredient does it all. How To Use Rub baking soda onto wet scalp. Massage it in and wash it off with water. This is a very effective method in cleaning your scalp and when used regularly will result in healthy hair. baking soda source: ladycarehealth.com 5. Fenugreek Seeds Fenugreek seeds are great for your hair. Not only do they fight dandruff, but they also leave your hair soft and cool down your body. Fenugreek seeds are the perfect answer for your how to remove dandruff from hair query. How To Use Soak a spoon of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Blend it into a paste the next day. Apply it onto your scalp and leave it on for half an hour. Rinse it off with shampoo or just plain water. [Also Read: Methi for Hair Growth] fenugreek Source: seriousseats.com 6. Lemon Juice The antioxidant properties present in a lemon makes it one of the most sought after home remedy for a number of ailments ranging from removing pimples to tightening loose skin to providing relief from itchy scalp and dandruff. The lemon helps to balance the pH levels and keep your scalp flake-free. This makes it one of the best treatment for dandruff. How To Use Apply the juice of one lemon onto your scalp. Leave it on for ten to fifteen minutes and wash it off. lemon Source: rappler.com 7. Ginger Ginger as one of the home remedies for itchy scalp can be used in various forms – powdered, fresh, juice, oil or dried as spice. Its anti-inflammatory properties is great for fighting dandruff and other scalp problems. How To Use Simply grate some fresh ginger and squeeze out the juice. Mix some coconut or olive oil to this. Apply it onto your scalp. Leave it on for ten to fifteen minutes and wash it off thoroughly. Ginger for Dandruff Source: searchhomeremedy.com 8. Aloe Vera Aloe Vera is a great healer and is very effective as a natural dandruff remedy. It soothes and heals an itchy, scaly scalp. How To Use Apply aloe vera gelgenerously onto your scalp and massage it thoroughly with your fingertips. Leave it on for ten minutes or so. Wash it off thoroughlywith warm water. Do this regularly for best results. Aloe Vera For Dandruff Source: pinterest.com 9. Salt While searching remedies for how to remove dandruff at home, we are sure you would have never thought of your table salt, right? Salt is not used just because it makes your food tasty, instead there are a number of benefits like controlling your blood sugar levels, maintain proper stomach pH, imporve sleep quality, etc. The grainy texture of the salt acts as a great exfoliator and helps clear the scalp which in turn helps you in getting rid of dandruff. How To Use Apply table salt onto your dampened scalp. Massage it well to get rid of the scaly build-ups. Shampoo immediately to get rid of any residues. Source: static.guim.co.uk Source: static.guim.co.uk 10. Mouthwash If you suffer from severe dandruff, try using mouthwash as one of the natural dandruff remedies. The anti-fungal properties of a mouthwash are exactly what you need to fight dandruff. How To Use Wash your hair with your regular shampoo and conditioner. Spray some of the mouthwash on your scalp only and leave it for 5 minutes. Wash your hair again without using shampoo or conditioner. Dandruff Home Remedies Source: rd.com 11. Yogurt Yogurt is effective in curbing dandruff and giving you a healthy scalp. Massage it onto your scalp, leave it on for ten minutes and wash it off thoroughly with shampoo and water. Use fresh, homemade yogurt for this. Yogurt For Dandruff Source: azureedge.net 12. Henna Henna has been used for ages to treat a myriad of hair problems, and is known to be quite an effective remedy for how to stop dandruff. You can also use henna to color your hair naturally. How To Use Apply it onto your scalp. Leave it on for ten to twenty minutes and wash it off. Try getting chemical-free organic henna for this purpose. Henna For Dandruff 13. Garlic Known for its anti-fungal properties, garlic does a great job of removing dandruff naturally. Garlic is also used for removing acne, preventing and treating cold, controlling weight, etc. How To Use Crush some garlic and apply it onto your scalp. Leave for five to ten minutes and wash it off thoroughly. Be warned that this might burn your scalp a little. You can mix in some coconut oil to tone down the smell. garlic Source: rackcdn.com 14. Honey Honey helps balance the pH levels of your scalp, moisturizes your scalp and thus helps keep flakiness at bay. Honey not only moisturizes your scalp but is also perfect to moisturize your face and also helps in tightening loose flabby skin. How To Use Mix some honey with lemon juice. Gently rub the mixture onto your scalp. Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash off using regular shampoo and conditioner. Honey For Dandruff Source: foreverconscious.com 15. Olive Oil Another ingredient that can be looked at as one of the natural dandruff remedies is olive oil. Olive oil is often used for cooking purposes as well as cosmetic purposes. Whether you ingest it or apply it on your body, olive oil can only do you good. Olive Oil For Dandruff Source: findhomeremedy.com How To Use Apply warm olive oil on your scalp. Massage it for five minutes. Leave it on for thirty minutes to one hour and wash it off with shampoo. 16. Coconut Oil Another oil that is extensively used to fight dandruff is coconut oil. Coconut oil for dandruff has been used as a remedy since ancient times. It has innumerable benefits which makes it a one stop solution for all the problems. How To Use Use pure coconut oil for this. Apply it on your scalp with your fingertips and gently mssage in circular motions. Leave it on for an hour and wash it off with a mild coconut-based shampoo. You can also use coconut water to rinse out your hair. Coconut Oil For Dandruff Source: pinterest.com 17. Lavender Oil Looking for essential oils for dandruff? Try lavender oil which can treat various skin disorders, improve your digestion, relieve back pain, etc. Lavender oil has antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties that help fight dandruff. How To Use Mix ten to fifteen drops of lavender oil to two tablespoons of coconut oil. Massage this onto your scalp and leave it on for about twenty minutes. Rinse it off using a mild shampoo. Lavender Oil Source: pinterest.com 18. Gram Flour Gram flour is often used as a remedy for removing tan, skin lightening, reducing oiliness, etc. But did you know that is also used as a natural dandruff remedy? How To Use Mix four tablespoons of gram flour with half a cup of yogurt. Apply this onto your scalp evenly. Leave it on for fifteen minutes or so. Wash it off thoroughly. Gram Flour Source: pinterest.com 19. Apple Apple has anti-fungal properties which makes it effective in getting rid of dandruff. How To Use Blend an apple with two teaspoon of lemon juice. Strain this and use the juice on your scalp. Do this regularly to see the desired results. Apple Source: pinterest.com 20. Amla Amla has been used extensively for hair growth. But a lesser known fact is that it is also an effective cure for dandruff. How To Use Mix some amla powder with water and apply it onto your scalp. Alternatively you can also use amla juice on your scalp. Amla For Dandruff Source: shopclues.net 21. Tulsi When we talk about ayurvedic remedies for dandruff, Tulsi is the first remedy that comes to our minds. A healing plant, it is used for a variety of reasons like treating asthma, preventing respiratory disorders, heart diseases, etc. How To Use Boil some Tulsi leaves in two cups of water. Strain and use this liquid to rinse your hair after shampooing it. Tulsi Source: shopclues.net
323 total views, 1 views today