Having sex for the first time and that too before getting married is a much debated issue and there are many opinions about it. Sex before marriage is so talked about that there have been umpteen researches to either validate the argument or negate it. What we would like to bring to the fore here is an objective point of regarding first time intercourse before marriage.
Think before you leap
Many feel pressurised by their lovers to engage in sexual liaisons. We think one should take their time. The idea of sex is influenced by culture, religion and the familial structure that one is brought up in. Moreover, sex is not a trivial issue and you have to remember that your first sexual experience is not something that you will easily forget. Therefore, do not give into pressure if you feel that having sexual intercourse for the first time before marriage is not right.
No sex is casual
It is a fallacy to believe that one can just have sex for the first time and then forget all about it. If you are a romantic and see yourself getting married to the one you have sex with for the first time, then exercise caution. You don’t want to end up hoarding memories of a person you have not settled down with.
Sex has its implications
Sex is not all about fun and games. Its bitter reality lies in facts such as unwanted pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases. Therefore, even if you are contemplating sexual intercourse for the first time, make sure your partner is trustworthy. This is especially true for girls and you do not want to end up being a teenaged mom who has to give up all her dreams.
Arguments against intercourse for the first time before marriage:
- Losing your virginity to someone and then marrying someone else can scar your sexual healthfor life.
- A person’s first sexual experience might be bad enough to ruin the sexual affinity that he shares with his married partner.
- Most societies are biased against premarital sex. Therefore, one may face social censure and also go on to lose their spouse’s trust.
- Many people have sex with their boyfriends or girlfriends thinking that this relationship is meant to last forever. When such dreams get shattered they not cause heartbreak about a lot of emotional trauma as well.
- According to a recent study by Prof Dean Busby, a sex psychotherapist, at the Brigham Young University’s School of Family Life in Utah, couples who abstain from sex till marriage are happier and have more rewarding sex life than those who have had their first time intercourse before marriage.
- Results further indicate that those who delayed sex until marriage had 20% increased level of relationship satisfaction and 15% enjoyed better quality of relationship and sex in their married life.
Facts file on first time sex and marriage:
- Number of marriages has significantly dropped down since 1862.
- 44 percent of British children are born out of wedlock.
- Number of common sexually transmitted diseases (STD) has increased with the rate of one STD per year. This massive increase has resulted with the increasing number of young people who have sex before marriage.
- Statistics suggests that women under 25 are more likely to have a baby then to get married.