The driver of a £1.2 million Ferrari who was behind the wheel during a horror smash that killed a 13-year-old boy has been quizzed by police over the crash.

Tragic Alexander Worth, from Kings Worthy, Hampshire, was riding in the rare F50 supercar when it crashed through a wooden fence on a 10mph private road.

He suffered life-threatening injuries and was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.

And now the driver of the 4.7-litre vehicle, 37-year-old Matt Cobden, who sustained serious wounds in the incident on the farm access road on Monday night, has been questioned by police over the incident

The married dad, who owns a bespoke luxury car storage facility in the area, was rushed to North Hampshire Hospital, where he remains in a ‘stable’ condition.

Other than confirming he had been quizzed, Hampshire Police would not provide an update on their investigation.

Alexander was visiting the garage with his mum when Mr Cobden offered to take him out for a drive in the supercar, said a source claiming to a family friend.

Moments later, the vehicle careered off Hook Road in North Warnborough, before ploughing through the fence, killing Alexander.

The youngster’s mum frantically tried to give her son CPR after pulling him from the vintage vehicle, the source said.

In a statement Hampshire Police said: “Sadly, Alexander suffered life-threatening injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.”

It is believed the teenager suffered a fatal chest injury, possibly from a fence post, after the Ferrari crashed at around 8.35pm on Monday.

On Tuesday, locals living in North Warnborough told of how they heard sirens and saw flashing lights and a helicopter circling overhead after the crash.

One said: “I could see the lights from the window at the top of the stairs and there was a helicopter circling for a while.

“It landed on the field just next to that road but you couldn’t tell from here what it was doing.

“I only realised what had happened when I saw the news this afternoon.”

A man working on the nearby industrial estate said he had seen the classic red Ferrari parked earlier in the day.

He said: “It stands out, doesn’t it, it’s not a car you see every day. It was parked up here.

A South Central Ambulance Service spokeswoman said on Tuesday: “At 20.35 last night we were called to a road traffic collision involving one vehicle.

“We sent two crews, including an ambulance officer and co-responder, to the scene, as well as the Thames Valley air ambulance.

“We treated two patients – a young teenager, who was unfortunately pronounced dead at the scene, and a man in his thirties who was assessed and taken to North Hampshire hospital in Basingstoke by road.”

The day after the tragedy, a web user wrote on a specialist car forum, describing themselves as a friend of Alexander’s parents.

They said: “It was my friend’s son. As far as I know at the moment, the mother and child were waiting at a car dealership where their friend was delivering some batteries.

“The kid saw the F50 there there and asked the garage owner to sit in it. He replied that he could do one better and take him for a drive.

“They got less than a minute away before the mother, still waiting at the garage, heard a crash. She was the first on the scene and tried to resuscitate her son to no avail.”

The Ferrari F50 is a mid-engined supercar introduced in 1995 – with only 349 ever being made.