Apart from being delicious when cooked, potatoes are quite nutritious. They have a high content of carbohydrates and vitamin C. Potatoes offer several health benefits. Of late, the cosmetic benefits of potatoes have also been recognized.
Potatoes have an incredibly high content of vitamin C, which is often used to maintain that youthful, toned glow. The starchiness of certain potatoes have a high water content that keeps skin feeling and looking hydrated. By fighting off harmful toxins,
1. Removal of Dark Circles
Potatoes are a natural under eye brightener and so, applying potato juice or potatoes directly on the affected area can banish dark eye rings.
2. Treatment Of Wrinkles
Potato is considered as an effective anti-aging beauty agent, particularly in warding off wrinkles. Regular application of potato juice imparts a healthy glow to your skin. It also helps to soften your skin as well as keep wrinkles at bay.
3. Treatment Of Dark Spots
Potatoes are a natural way of fading away those dark spots.
4. Removal Of Facial Blemishes
Facial blemishes adversely affect your appearance and potato juice is a great natural way to get rid of them.
How To Use
- Use cold potato juice as a daily facial rinse
- This can help you get rid of your blemishes
- It will help reveal clear and perfect skin.
5. Treatment Of Sunburns
Potatoes are wonderful for treating sun burnt skin.
How To Use
- All you need to do is place cold potato slices on the affected areas
- Alternatively, you can simply dab potato juice on the spot.
- This will give you a soothing and cooling sensation as well as diminish your suntan.
6. Skin Lightening
Potatoes are a natural skin lightening agent.
How To Use
- Apply a mask of grated raw potato on your face and rinse off with water after 30 minutes.
- Using this on a regular basis will make your face smooth, clean and bright as well as reduce facial swelling.
- You can also apply a mixture of lemon and potato juices to lighten your skin naturally.
- This acts as mild bleach for your skin and yields quick results.