According to the schedule, the allotment list was to be released by 11am on Thursday. The list was not even uploaded on the website of the education department by 11pm on Thursday.
“I have been checking the website since the morning, but the department has so far failed to upload the list. My son and I have been checking the website every hour for the list. We even tried asking the department officials about the delay, but were told that the list will be released in a few hours,” said Pratap Singh, a parent.
Education officials said the delay was caused by a technical glitch. Late on Thursday evening, an update on the website stated that the school-wise allocation details will be made available after 10pm on June 30.
However, the website crashed late in the night on Thursday and the students were unable to access the allotment list.
Aastha, a student, said: “We want to know which school we have been allotted, since the process of payment of fees commences on Friday. How are we supposed to do that if we haven’t even been told about our stream and school? Our parents are also anxious over this and we have not received any answers yet.”
Even as thousands of students anxiously waited for the allotment list, the education department did not issue any official statement about the reason for the delay. Officials refused to comment over the delay in release of the allotment list.
In the Common Merit List uploaded earlier this week, names of 1,60,005 candidates were enlisted. All of them are vying for the 13,000 available seats in 40 government schools.
Classes for Class XI are expected to commence from July 4, after the collection of fees on July 1 and 2. Following the delay in releasing the allotment list, the process is now likely to be delayed.