1. Epsom Salt and Baking Powder
- Epsom salt
- Baking powder
- Take 4 tablespoon of Epsom salt and baking powder and add it to your bath tub.
- Wait till the mix dissolves completely.
- Now soak yourself in the bathing tub for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water.
- Repeat this process once everyday till the blisters subside and pain goes off.
It will help in reducing the inflammation and red rashes on the skin. The Epsom salt is good for skin rashes and within a few days you will see a substantial reduction in the shingles.
- Take a tablespoon of turmeric.
- Add water and milk to it to form a smooth paste and apply it on the affected parts.
- Let it dry completely and then rinse off with cold water.
- Regularly repeat this process to get relief from shingles.
Turmeric is well known for its antiseptic properties. Milk soothes the affected parts and turmeric works well on the inflammation and red rashes.
Regular usage of this mix will reduce shingles to a great extent within few weeks.
- Prepare a cabbage poultice out of cabbage leaves.
- Boil water in a container and add cabbage leaves to it.
- Let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Then smash the cabbage leaves and place it on a clean cotton cloth.
- Apply this hot poultice on the affected area at least 2 times in a day.
This will reduce the inflammation and will provide relief from pain. Hot cabbage poultice is one of the excellent home remedies for shingles.
It is better to initially apply 2 times in a day; slowly you can reduce the application. It will gradually reduce the inflammation and the redness of skin.
4. Cayenne Pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- Take 3-4 cayenne pepper and a tablespoon of yogurt.
- Blend the mix in a blender to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected area and keep it for 25 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times in a week for best results.
This will provide relief from the pain and help in reducing blisters. It reduces inflammation and redness to a great extent.
Cayenne pepper reduces swelling and yogurt soothes the shingles effectively.
- Take a cotton ball and spread honey on top of it.
- Now dab the honey on the affected areas.
- Keep it for one hour and rinse with normal water.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times in a day.
Honey is known for its anti-inflammatory properties, therefore it will reduce inflammation. It works well on the lesions caused by shingles.
- Aloe Vera
- Extract fresh Aloe Vera gel from 2 leaves and mix yogurt with it to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected areas and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and pat dry.
- Follow the method several times in a day for effectiveness.
It will soothe the blisters and provide cooling sensation thereby preventing itching and irritation.
7. Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil
- Take a cotton ball and soak it in the coconut oil.
- Dab the oil on the affected areas and leave it.
- In between keep applying the oil all throughout the day.
- Add camphor powder to the coconut oil.
- Gently apply it on the blisters.
- Repeat this process 3-4 times in a week till the symptoms of shingles are completely gone.