The board has laid down some criterias that need to be fulfilled by anyone who seeks to apply for the post of Senior, Junior and Women national selectors.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India(BCCI) has issued an invitation to invite applicants for the position of National Selectors. The board has laid down some criterias that need to be fulfilled by anyone who seeks to apply for the post of Senior, Junior and Women national selectors. September 14, 2016 has been set as the deadline for applying for the above mentioned posts. A set of 14 points explained, the BCCI’s norms for elligibility. Among the most notable point was one in which, a candidate requires to have represented the Indian team either in a Test match or a One Day International or more than 50 First-class matches in India, in a team selected by the BCCI to be considered for the Senior National selection Committee. Following are the requirements for the posts. READ: BCCI set strict guidelines for appointment of national selectors
1. He or She should have represented the Indian team either in a Test match or a One Day International or more than 50 first class matches in India, in a team selected by the BCCI to be considered for the Senior National selection Committee.
2. Candidates should have played more than 50 first class matches in India to be considered for a position in the Junior National selection committee.3. It is not mandatory but would be desirable that the candidate has served as a selector for any age group in any of the affiliated member associations of the BCCI.
4. Candidates who have already completed 4 years as a National selector in BCCI, will not be eligible as per the existing by-laws of BCCI
5. He or she should have retired on record, from all forms of cricket at least 5 years prior to this date of application
6. He or she should not be part of any IPL team/management or part of any other league in the world
7. Candidates, if selected should not be associated directly or indirectly with any cricket coaching academy or another such organisation associated with the game.
8. He or she cannot in any form be engaged with any media house/publication/syndicated columns once shortlisted for this position.
9. Candidates should be Indian Nationals and free of any criminal record and should not be under any sanction from BCCI or any of the affiliated associations of the BCCI or any Government agency
10. Candidates should be under the age of 60 and be willing to undergo a medical examination, if selected
11. Candidates should be willing to appear for a personal interview, if required
12. Candidates should be willing to serve on either of the committees, Senior or Junior, based on the decision of the BCCI
13. Candidates must be willing to travel as and when required by the BCCI
14. He or she must commit to a full-time role for the period, decided by the BCCI
The BCCI stated that the candidates can send their detailed bio-data with supporting documents certifying their credentials, to the the board’s postal address, or they can also mail the same to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5PM of September 14, 2016. Meanwhile, the BCCI’s mail also said, that that the board’s decision will be final and binding.
130 total views, 2 views today