Some arrests made in connection to Quetta attacks: Nisar

Nisar 24india news

Federal Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan said on Tuesday that suspects had been arrested in connection to the Quetta Attack. Speaking at the National Assembly, Nisar revealed that some fingerprints had been obtained from the scene of the blast however, these belonged to a victim and not the terrorist himself.

Nisar further said that a boy was made out to be a suspect but in reality, he had nothing to do with the attack. He stated that the pictures obtained from the scene of the blast had also not been fruitful in identifying the attacker. Chaudhry Nisar further revealed that the head of the suspect was found but it could not be identified due to the condition it was in and no advancements could be made in the DNA of the suspect as well.

Addressing the Mathew Barret issue, Chaudhry Nisar said that an investigation was being carried out regarding how the American had been issued a visa in 24 hours. Nisar said that Mathew had obtained the visa on account of the negligence of the visa officer.

He further stated that police had arrested Mathew for roaming in a prohibited area. Nisar said that the FIR that was registered against Mathew did not mention anything related to spying.

Talking about the National Action Plan committee, Nisar said that it would ensure implementation on the plan and revealed that it had been decided to convene a meeting of the Chief Ministers in the next couple of days.

196 total views, 1 views today