A new study has revealed that the people of Plymouth go all weak at the knees for their old Nokia 3310 – which has been named as the most missed mobile in the city
.One in five people told Talkmobile that they felt nostalgic about their Nokia which was the most popular phone of the late 1990s and early 2000s.So, for those of you too young to remember, we look back on seven reasons why the humble 3310 remains so close to our hearts.
1. It never broke. You could drop it down the stairs (or worse) and it would emerge with barely a scratch.
2. You only had to charge it once a week. Literally.
3. Snake. If you've never played it, you haven't lived long enough
4. Not a mobile phone case – go shopping for a new “fascia"
5. Why stream music when you can programme your own polyphonic ringtone
6. Or let someone else do it for you, and “buy it" via text
7. And texting so much the keys wore out
“It's no surprise people are nostalgic about their Nokias," said mobile phone expert Ben Wood, from CCS Insight.
“The brand was a real game changer back in the nineties and Nokia worked extremely hard to make the mobile phone accessible to everyone.
“Nokia phones were affordable, robust and reliable, and unlike most smartphones of today, sometimes only needed charging once a week. Thanks to Nokia the mobile phone became the most prolific consumer electronics device on the planet."
41 total views, 1 views today