1. It never broke. You could drop it down the stairs (or worse) and it would emerge with barely a scratch.
2. You only had to charge it once a week. Literally.
3. Snake. If you’ve never played it, you haven’t lived long enough
4. Not a mobile phone case – go shopping for a new “fascia”
5. Why stream music when you can programme your own polyphonic ringtone
6. Or let someone else do it for you, and “buy it” via text
7. And texting so much the keys wore out
“It’s no surprise people are nostalgic about their Nokias,” said mobile phone expert Ben Wood, from CCS Insight.
“The brand was a real game changer back in the nineties and Nokia worked extremely hard to make the mobile phone accessible to everyone.
“Nokia phones were affordable, robust and reliable, and unlike most smartphones of today, sometimes only needed charging once a week. Thanks to Nokia the mobile phone became the most prolific consumer electronics device on the planet.”