54-year-old Man charged after bomb threats made at TTC stations

TTC 24india news

Man is facing charges in connection with threats made against the TTC. Police say between April 8-10 the man made phone calls to the TTC, threatening a bomb at either the Eglinton or York Mills subway stations. On April 10, the TTC received a bomb threat at York Mills Station just before 11:30 p.m. Officers were able to locate the man at Eglinton Station.

Authorities used CCTV and other technology to track down the suspect, the Toronto Sun reported.

Aaron Finkler, 54, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with five counts of public mischief and five counts of endangering life. He appeared in court on Monday.

Police told the Sun the incidents were not a safety concern and there was never any risk to riders.

TTC CEO Andy Byford said the unusually high number of service stoppages last week are linked to the bomb threats.

Each time, subway service was stopped and Toronto police, along with bomb-sniffing dogs, searched the stations and tunnels. The bomb threats were deemed false.

The TTC chief told the newspaper the public not was not informed at the time because officials were balancing how much credence to give the threats against the concern of attracting copycats.

A Toronto man has been arrested in connection with a series of bank robberies across the city.

Police said the same person robbed 10 banks between Jan. 12 and March 19, of this year, in the area of Dundas and Bloor streets, as well as St. Clair Avenue West and Bathurst Street.

In each robbery, the man posed as a customer until he reached the teller, and then presented a note indicating he was armed and demanded money. No one was injured during the robberies.

Gianluca Catalano, 19, faces multiple charges including 10 counts of robbery, forcible confinement and assault with a weapon. He was arrested on Friday and appeared in court the following day.

184 total views, 1 views today