2 women accused of bashing a Victorian paramedic set free on bail

car 24india news

TWO women accused of ruining a paramedic’s career with an allegedly vicious and unprovoked attack have been set free on bail despite police concerns that they pose a danger to the community.

Caris Underwood, 18, and mother-of-four Amanda Warren, 30, were granted bail today after being arrested on April 1 and charged with the assault of two paramedics who had been called to treat one of their deadbeat, drug-affected friends.

One of the defenceless ambulance officers was verbally abused, then punched, and stomped on, suffering a broken leg that required three hours of surgery and the insertion of plates and pins.

Police opposed Warren and Underwood’s release, saying they are a danger of reoffending and pose a risk to the public.

Detective Trent Barker, of Darebin CIU, told magistrate Peter Reardon the injured ambulance officer may never recover or return to work after experiencing emotions of “sheer terror”.

“He felt terrorised. He was considering resigning from the ambulance service,” Sen-Const. Barker said

241 total views, 1 views today