Two persons died on Tuesday in a fire at the Maker Tower in Mumbai, a prominent residential complex in the city’s south.
The fire broke out early this morning on the 20th floor of the sea-facing building in the Cuffe Parade area, which has some of Mumbai’s most upscale apartments.
The apartment where the fire started reportedly belonged to Shekhar Bajaj, Managing Director of Bajaj Electricals.
A resident said two flats were completely destroyed. “I rescued two helps and a child…They are in a state of shock,” he told reporters.
“We found out around 6.30 am. Everything is calm and under control right now,” said author Shobhaa De, who stays on the fifth floor of the tower. She said the situation was very well handled by the fire department and the police.
According to fire officials, 11 people have been rescued. The fire was brought under control within two hours.
84 total views, 1 views today