Two men have been arrested over the death of Melbourne teen Cayleb Hough, whose body was found in a shallow mineshaft. The Chelsea Heights teen’s remains were discovered in the Lerderderg State Park in Bacchus Marsh on March 10 and the homicide squad began investigating.
The 17-year-old went missing on December 20 last year after he was seen travelling in a car with a man. Victoria Police on Thursday revealed a 36-year-old man was arrested at a house in Collingwood on Wednesday.
Another man, 28, was arrested on Tuesday at a property in Gellibrand, in the Otway Ranges, and interviewed before being released pending further inquiries.
A vehicle was seized at the Gellibrand property and is being examined by police.
The vehicle is not the same one that Cayleb Hough was last seen in – which was found at a Melbourne car park in January.
It remains unclear whether the teenager died in the park or elsewhere.
Cayleb’s family will farewell the 17-year-old at a funeral service on Friday.
WHAT HAPPENED TO TEEN CAYLEB HOUGH?
* December 20 – last seen in a car driven by another male; doesn’t use mobile, social media or bank account again
* January 15 – police search for the bright blue Ford Falcon XR6 sedan and ask the driver to come forward
* January 16 – car found in the car park of Crown Casino and undergoes forensic tests
* March 10 – human remains found near Seerey Track at Lerderderg State Park
* April 12 – police confirm remains belong to Cayleb Hough
* April 19 – 28-year-old arrested and a vehicle seized in southwest Victoria; man interviewed and released
* April 20 – a man, 36, is arrested in Collingwood
307 total views, 2 views today