– Use fairy lights on a window or mirror to give the room a dreamy effect.
– Put sheer curtains on all sides of your bed to give it a romantic touch
– Traditional wall hangings, tools and rugs can give your room a warm feel
– Use a curtain rod to hang a traditional Jaipur bedsheet or colourful curtains above your bed.
– Paint a section of the wall in a diferent dark colour, and use it to dis play your photographs and other memorabilia. You can even highlight a certain shelf.
– Use your painting skills, and create a mural on one of the walls or the door.
– Use colourful kites to liven up your room. Stick them up on the ceiling to add character.
– De-clutter your room and hang a couple of inexpensive paper light balls on one side to make it look spacious.
– Place a big bunch of faux flowers on your bedside table to give it a touch of freshness.
– If you put up a big picture of a land scape -say, waterfalls, mountains or open pastures -it will make you feel close to nature and give you a sense of calm.