- Take 3-4 garlic cloves.
- Soak these cloves in a cup of water overnight.
- Next morning, peel the skin the garlic cloves.
- Mash the cloves and consume it directly followed by a glass of water.
- Repeat this process once every day.
Find here Top 11 Energy Boosting Foods That You Should Know!
- Steamed rice
- Soak 8-10 garlic cloves overnight in a bowl of water.
- Next morning, peel the skin of these garlic cloves.
- Blend it using a blender to form a thick paste.
- Take a tablespoon of this garlic paste and mix it with warm steamed rice.
- Eat it as a first thing in your meal.
- Follow this method once daily for best results.
Garlic is rich in two compounds Allicin and Selenium. These two compounds are very useful for the liver in performing its cleansing activity. Garlic has the ability to stimulate liver enzymes vital for removing toxins from the body. It is very important that you follow the above method in an empty stomach. It is a true fact that garlic has a pungent taste and is not very palatable to the taste buds but is excellent food for liver care. As a caution follow this process only once in a day. You can also include garlic to your regular diet.
2. Leafy Vegetables
- Coriander leaves
- Olive oil
- Clean and cut the leafy vegetables.
- Boil these vegetables in sufficient quantity of water or pressure cook the same.
- Once boiled, collect the excess water in a container. This acts as the vegetable stock.
- Blend the boiled vegetables using a blender.
- Take a container and add a teaspoon of olive oil to it.
- Add crushed garlic to the hot oil.
- Once the garlic turns slightly brown in color, add the vegetable paste along with the vegetable stock.
- Add salt and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and sprinkle pepper powder in the mix.
- Consume it as a soup at least 2-3 times in a week.
It is usually advised to eat plenty of green vegetables that are best food for liver care. The reason being they are rich in all the essential vitamins and minerals required for the body. However, the most important component that the green leafy vegetables have in abundance is the presence of chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is a naturally occurring element present in leaves. It is highly responsible to eliminate toxins and helps in the production of bile pigments, thereby assisting the liver. Consuming green leafy vegetables frequently helps the liver in its cleansing activity and keeps it healthy. An important point to note here always prefers to eat boiled vegetables rather than deeply fried vegetables as it reduces effectiveness.
- Heat water in a container until it becomes warm.
- Squeeze half a lemon to the warm water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey to the mix and stir well.
- Drink this liquid as the first thing in the morning.
- Repeat this process once every day for a healthy liver.
Lemon is a popular citrus fruit i.e. it has a very high content of Vitamin C. Your liver loves Vitamin C food as it stimulates the detoxification process. It is the best food for liver care because it aids the liver to remove toxins from the body. It is a simple process to understand. Our body constitutes of 70% water. The citrus fruits have the property to synthesize the waste substances into water-soluble substances. These harmful substances are absorbed in water and eliminated from the body. As it assists the liver in the cleansing process, it, in turn, makes the liver healthy. Drink lemon juice frequently or add lime juice to your salads for a clean and healthy liver.
Lemon Water Benefits For Overall Health That You Will Love To Know!
- Cut all the fruits into small slices.
- Add a teaspoon of honey and eat it regularly.
The advantage of eating these fruits on the liver is many based on the components present in them that we shall discuss below.
Apples considered a friend of the liver. This fruit has a very high content of an enzyme known as pectin. Apples help the liver in the cleansing process as pectin helps not only in digestion but also consists of removing toxins from the body. Therefore, consuming apples regularly ease the process of detoxification and are one of the best food for liver care.
2. Avocado and grapes
Both avocado and grapes are a rich source of a compound known as glutathione. Glutathione is responsible for the production of bile pigments. These pigments not only help in detoxification process but also aids in the digestion of complex fat in the body. Frequently eat grapes and avocado for a healthy liver and a healthy body.
Oranges, just like lemon is a rich source of Vitamin C and is in turn responsible for eliminating toxins from the body. Orange is a seasonal fruit; therefore savor religiously on this Vitamin C fruit for a clean and healthy liver.
- Green tea leaves/bags
- Boil water in a vessel
- Add green tea leaves to the boiling water and allow it to boil for another 2 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and drink it 2-3 times in a day.
- Alternatively, you can also opt for green tea bags.
- Soak green tea bag for 2-3 minutes in a cup of hot water.
- Drink this liquid frequently for best results.
Green tea as we all know has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. This anti-oxidant compound, otherwise known as Catechins is liver friendly. It assists the liver in its day-to-day functions. Hence, drinking green tea regularly keeps your liver healthy.
6. Olive Oil
- Olive oil
- Boil water in a container.
- Add a teaspoon of olive oil to it.
- Allow it to cool down and drink it at least 3-4 times in a week.
Olive oil is one of the best oil as it reduces cholesterol in the body and is free of fat. Following the above method on a regular basis assists the liver in its cleansing process. It is because the oil sucks the toxic substances in the body and the same eliminates from the body. It also helps in preventing critical liver ailments like liver cirrhosis and fatty liver.
Just for information, liver cirrhosis is a condition in which the liver tissues are damaged over a period. It is also known as the scarring of the tissues. In this condition, the scarred tissues that inhibit the liver functioning replace the normal and healthy tissues of the lover. Olive oil helps in keeping these tissues healthy, thereby aiding the normal functioning of the liver.
The fatty acid is a condition in which there is excess fat deposition in the liver as compared to its normal levels. Olive oil not only helps to remove these fats but also prevent further deposition, hence restoring the normal and smooth functioning of the liver.
- Lime juice
- Take a container and add 2-3 tablespoon of sprouts to it.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lime juice, a pinch of salt and sprinkle pepper powder on it.
- Mix well and consume it as a salad or eat it during breakfas.
Sprouts are very healthy food for liver care and overall body. They are rich in sulfur and glucosinolate that helps the liver to eliminate any dietary toxins. In addition, it assists in removing the environmental toxins present in the body. Sprouts promote the natural process of detoxification.
- Take one spoon of turmeric powder.
- Add the little quantity of water to it.
- Make balls out of the turmeric powder.
- Divide it into 3 equal portions.
- Consume the same at least half an hour prior to the meals.
Turmeric is known for its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It is also widely known for its medicinal properties. Ideally, turmeric is good food for the liver care because it helps in flushing out not only the toxins but also the carcinogens present in the blood. Carcinogens are cancer-causing agents and the same is eliminated from the body by the liver. Turmeric helps the liver in this activity and is an ideal food for liver care.
9. Beets and Carrots
- Pepper powder
- Chop beets and carrots into small slices.
- Use a blender to blend these vegetable slices along with sufficient quantity of water.
- Add a pinch of salt, pepper powder and mix well.
- Drink this juice at least 2-3 times in a week.
Beets and carrots are the rich sources of flavonoids and beta-carotene. These compounds assist the liver in its cleansing process. It helps in improving the liver function. This food help in digestion and stimulate the detoxification process. Therefore, your liver need not spend a lot of energy in digesting these food for liver care.
- Take a handful of walnuts and munch on it throughout the day.
Walnut is a power packed nut and is rich in all the essential compounds such as amino acid, omega-3 fatty acid, glutathione, arginine etc. Therefore, it is one of the best food for the liver. It detoxifies, cleanses and acts a diuretic for the liver. Therefore, eating walnuts on a regular basis promises a healthy and clean liver.
Undoubtedly, liver is one of the vital organs in the body. We should take care of it through our eating habits. Eating too much junk and oily food puts extra pressure on the liver and it will mostly be involved in breaking down the food rather than detoxification. In such cases, over a period the tissues will be damaged resulting in poor functioning of the liver. All the above foods mentioned in this article will not only give your liver the boost but also facilitate its functions. In the case of any suggestions or feedback, please share the same in the comments section below.